Inspiration for Parlor Games!

I wanted to share some of the images I used for inspiration for this series, as one of my street team members said she was having a hard time picturing some of the historical details that I described in Are You There, Moriarty?.

First - the molly boy outfits! In this series, at Maverick Molly's, the servers who are all young men are dressed in bloomers, stockings, chemises and corsets. It's very difficult if not impossible to find pictures of men dressed like Victorian prostitutes, but here are some photos of some actual Victorian prostitutes. 

The molly boys at Maverick Molly's would be wearing this kind of thing:




The leather shoes they wear would not have high heels but I'm picturing something like this when I describe them: 



This is a Berkley Horse:



And this is a pillory:


Old fashioned school desks:




Kimonos:


There you go. Hopefully you'll all have an easier time picturing things.

I tend to forget that some folks might not be aware of some of the interesting things I've stored in my brain or looked up on the internet over the years, lol.

xo
Alison

















Comments

Popular Posts